Vaping is not possible without vape juice. With the ever-increasing number of vapers all over the globe, new e-juice brands have been launched in a bid to satisfy the needs of every vaper. Despite the vast array of vape juice flavors that vapers have to choose from today, many people are still dissatisfied. This could easily be attributed to the subjective nature of taste.
To start with, a flavor that is incredibly delicious to you might just be distasteful to another vaper. There really is no way to solve this unless vapers make their own vape liquids. Commercial vape juice is all right but if you really want to vape like a veteran, you need to start whipping up your own home-made batches of vape juice.
Let’s begin by explaining what vape juice is, and what it means to DIY vape juice.
DIY vape juice is the same as commercial e-juice. The only difference is that you make it yourself. Making vape juice yourself can greatly reduce your spending on e-liquids in the long run. Following specific vape juice recipes, you can experiment with different combinations.
Both commercial and DIY vape juice contains four basic ingredients;
- Vegetable glycerin (VG)
- Propylene Glycol (PG)
Learn to DIY
To start making your own vape juice, you need to follow a few guidelines. Let’s dive right in:
- Find and Understand an Ejuice Recipe
Before you begin making an e-juice, you have to find DIY e-juice recipes that suit you. Once you have them, you will need to understand the ratios and percentages of the ingredients used in the recipes.
Most recipes will show the ratio of vegetable glycerin (VG) and propylene glycol (PG) used in it, but you can choose to tweak it according to your preference. Sub-ohm vapers may want to use a 70/30 VG/PG ratio for the best results.
- Get Your Measurements Right
When you have your e-juice recipe, you still need to determine how much of each ingredient you will be using.
Usually, the percentages of the ingredients are listed in the recipe. It’s best to have them translated into something more workable like drops or ml.
- Mixing Your DIY Vape Juice
This is the most interesting part – mixing. Make sure you have all your supplies before you begin. Most importantly, your safety supplies. There’s one more thing you should know before you start your chemistry, that is, how to mix.
There are two ideal mixing methods you can employ when mixing your DIY vape juice.
- By Weight: If you choose to mix your DIY e-juice by weight, you will need to place your e-juice bottle on a set of scales. Next, you will begin dripping each of your elements individually into the bottle using grams, until you reach your desired percentage according to the e-juice recipe.
- By Volume: If you choose to mix your DIY e-juice by volume, you will need to have plenty of syringes at hand. Having a pack of syringes handy is helpful because you will be using syringes for each ingredient you will be mixing in your vape juice. With separate syringes, you will begin filling up your e-juice bottle using ml.
If you use the right ingredients, making your own e-juice is safe and easy. One problem can be where to find the right ingredients. Many DIY e-juice makers buy ingredients from flavorah.com.